Beauty of Meilland Roses: A Legacy of Exceptional Blooms
At the forefront of the garden rose industry stands House of Meilland, an esteemed rose breeding company with a rich history and a remarkable legacy. With its roots deeply embedded in France, House of Meilland has played a pivotal role in shaping the world of garden roses, revolutionising the market with their exceptional varieties. This article delves into the captivating background, visionary founders, and an array of famous rose varieties produced by House of Meilland.
Background and History
House of Meilland traces its origins back to 1850, House of Meilland owes its beginnings to Joseph Rambaux, who founded the company in France. With a keen interest in roses, Rambaux recognised the potential for breeding and cultivating exceptional rose varieties. It was under Rambaux's guidance that House of Meilland began its journey towards becoming a renowned name in the world of roses.
Founders and Visionaries
One of the key figures in House of Meilland's history is Francis Meilland, a breeder and employee at the company. Francis Meilland, with his dedication and talent, made significant contributions to the rose breeding program. His remarkable achievements propelled House of Meilland to new heights, ultimately establishing it as a leading rose breeding company.
Credit : Photo by Meilland International
- Yves Piaget: This sumptuous, fully double rose variety boasts exquisite rosette-shaped flowers in shades of vibrant pink. 'Yves Piaget' captivates with its intoxicating fragrance and abundant petals, making it a cherished addition to any garden.
- Princesse Charlene de Monaco: Named in honor of the Princess of Monaco, this beautiful hybrid tea rose showcases elegant, pale pink blooms with a delicate fragrance. Its charming and graceful appearance embodies the regal essence it represents.
- Alina Perfumella: This hybrid tea rose showcases elegant, coral-pink blooms with a strong fragrance. 'Alina Perfumella' is prized for its exceptional beauty and captivating scent, adding a touch of romance to any garden or bouquet.
- Paul Ricard: With vibrant orange and yellow hues, 'Paul Ricard' is a captivating hybrid tea rose. Its large, showy blooms and mild fragrance make it an eye-catching addition to any landscape.
- Lolita Lempicka: Inspired by the world of fashion, 'Lolita Lempicka' is a modern shrub rose that boasts clusters of soft lilac blooms with a delicate perfume. Its unique coloring and enchanting scent make it a standout choice for rose lovers.
- Prince Jardinier: This delightful floribunda rose features clusters of charming, cupped blossoms in shades of apricot and pink. 'Prince Jardinier' is known for its abundant flowering and a delightful fragrance that adds a touch of romance to any garden setting.
- Toulouse Lautrec: Named after the famous French painter, 'Toulouse Lautrec' is a striking floribunda rose that displays clusters of dark red blooms. Its compact growth habit and repeat flowering make it an excellent choice for adding colour and charm to smaller garden spaces.
House of Meilland's remarkable collection of rose varieties, including these captivating selections, reflects their commitment to innovation, beauty, and fragrance. Embrace the elegance and enchantment of these roses, and let your garden flourish with the timeless creations from House of Meilland.